Friday, January 14, 2011

Strawberry Story: All I Ask of You (no, not that one, the other one)


For the Music as Therapy post I wanted to put in music from Weston Priory, but now realize there is a copyright reason none are posted on YouTube.  There is a video that features a group playing on of the songs, which is worth a listen just to hear.  For this Strawberry Friday I thought I'd post the lyrics.  The song was played my my mom's memorial services and is a wonderful message from beyond. 

Today is the eve of the 12th anniversary of her passing.


All I Ask of You by Weston Priory, Gregory Norbet,  O.S.B.


All I ask of you is forever to remember me as loving you (repeats twice between each line)


Deep the joy of being together in one hear and for me that's just were it is.

As we make our way through all the joys and pain, can we sense our younger truer selves?


Someone will be calling you to be there for awhile.  Can you hear their cry from deep within?


Laughter, joy, and presence: the only gifts you are! Have you time? I'd like to be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from any readers! Due to the sensitive nature of the blog the comments are moderated.