Monday, January 31, 2011

Chapter 4: Footprints on my bladder

The Culprit

I've Got Footprints On My Bladder
by Patricia Graham

Oh, I've got footprints on my bladder.
I've got babies on my brain.
All day long I'm a-chatter,
'Bout clowns or dollies I'm gonna frame.

My stomach is expanding
And is restless and demanding.
Do ya think I kin ever fit
Into a dress the size I'm gonna git?

I wonder what "Ish" would say
If he saw me standing this-away
Surveying my expansion
-a-itching and a-scratching?
How long d'I hafta wait
-afore I git to hatching?

Oh, I've got footprints on my bladder.
I've got babies on my brain.
The sex, it doesn't matter,
But I can't think of a name!

At the time Pat wrote this she was Assistant Editor of the Littleton Independent.  December 1969

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from any readers! Due to the sensitive nature of the blog the comments are moderated.