Friday, October 14, 2011

Stawberry Story: Hope for the Flowers

Ellie and I just finished reading this one, a treasure my mom shared with me when I was young.  Such powerful messages at any age.

Hope for the Flowers by Trina Paulus

The book follows the travels and transformation of two caterpillars, Yellow and Stripe.  Stripe is on a mission to figure out the meaning of life when he stumbles upon a pillar of caterpillars.  There must be something at the top, he figures and starts to climb.  Along the way he steps on Yellow and finds sympathy in his heart.  The descend and travel together until the call of the pillar is too strong and they part ways.

They meet...
....they frolic....

...they part...
....caterpillar bliss!

It's much, much more than a love story.  Anytime I'm waiting in a ridiculous line or fighting to get ahead I wonder: am I just in the middle of a catapillar pillar?

The truth behind the pillar is later revealed... (spoiler altert!)

BAAAAHHHH!!!!!  Caterpillar pillars everywhere!

I should post this on my mirror.
PS...If I ever got a tattoo, it would be Yellow and Stripe as caterpillars on one ankle and then them again as butterflies together on the opposite shoulder. 

Visit the authors website: http://www.hopefortheflowers.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from any readers! Due to the sensitive nature of the blog the comments are moderated.