Monday, January 10, 2011

The Eye Patch Quilt: Lasting Impressions

Eye Patch Quilt (note: text on fabric circled in yellow).

The quilt contains more than patches and lenses.  Marcia used photo-sensitive inks to transfer words written on transparencies to the fabric.  Some of a saying came from background material we gave her: mom's book, favorite passages, newspaper articles.  Just when I think I've found them all, sometimes I spot another one, like an ethereal I Spy.

Poem by Laura Bernstein, also see Celebrate Weirdness post.

Somewhere between a diamond and a coal smudge.


Pain is the crackling of the shell that encloses our understanding.

I am still here.

I glow in the dark, a reminder of the days of radiation.

There's one more, "Best I ever tasted."  Do you see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from any readers! Due to the sensitive nature of the blog the comments are moderated.