Friday, March 11, 2011

Strawberry Story: The Little Prince



Taming of the fox.

It's cheating to use a whole book for Strawberry Friday, but I can't help it.  Mom introduced me to the book, and I have made it required reading of my friends in my twenties. I don't just read the story, I collect it.  I have purchased or been gifted translations from all over the world inclding the original French, Mandarin, Hungarian, Swedish, Spanish, and Hindi.  With Joann Sfar's version, I am now able to share it with my daughter who loves it in her own right. 

Ellie's favorite part, introduction of the rose.
This graphic version of The Little Prince is by Joann Sfar, adapted from the original by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.  Transplated by Sarah Ardizzone and color by Brigette Findakley 2010.
For our wish list- check out this video of a cute pop-up version!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from any readers! Due to the sensitive nature of the blog the comments are moderated.