Friday, February 11, 2011

Strawberry Story: Goals for Me



Look familiar?  This poster has been, and is, a staple of therapists doors since the seventies.  Some people grew up with Peter Rabbit, Winnie the Pooh, or Holly Hobbie on their walls.  I got Virginia Satir.  It worked though, this poster formed the foundation of my relationships during formative years and is still my litmus test for friendship today.


Goals for Me

I want to love you without clutching,
appreciate you without judging, join you without invading,
invite you without demanding, leave you without guilt,
criticize you without blaming, and help you without insulting.
If I can have the same from you,
then we can truly meet and enrich each other.
-Virginia Satir

1 comment:

  1. I have a copy of this poster. I bought it when I was about 13 years old. I am now 49. Unfortunately, a cat tore it at some point and I haven't been able to hang it up.
    Any ideas as to where I might get another one??
    Thanks-
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from any readers! Due to the sensitive nature of the blog the comments are moderated.