Monday, December 20, 2010

Chapter 2: Final Notes



My senior year in school went better; I started making friends with the boys I was sitting next to in each of my classes--and it didn't hurt that I was a good student and in the national honor society.  friend Sue and I doubled to the homecoming dance and the senior prom.  My parents had sent me to a Cotillion dance club, and I had learned to hold my own on a dance floor.  My senior picture in the yearbook was very ugly, but by graduation I was happy with my dress, robe, and hair. 

But she wasn't out of the woods yet:

 However, the week after graduation Sue and I drove together to the Sears at a nearby mall that was hiring clerks for summer jobs.  She was hired, I was told they had no openings.

Ouch!

After the summer Sue went on to St. Mary's at Notre Dame.  Mom heads to MacMurray College to pursuit a future as a Director of Christian Education.  Little did she know the "wonderful/terrible" turns her life was about to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from any readers! Due to the sensitive nature of the blog the comments are moderated.