Friday, December 3, 2010

Strawberry Story: Yurok Healing Rites


This Friday I thought I wouldn't go as literal with the Strawberry Friday posting.  I wanted to share two cards mom had in her inspiration stash.

The painting and calligraphy are done by Renee Locks with a copyright of 1991 (please don't sue me) and printed by The Brush Dance.  The back of the cards explains the name:

The Brush Dance was a Yurok Indian healing ritual where being true to yourself meant giving your best to help a person in need.  Being true to yourself was the one and only Yurok Indian law.

The art fits right in with mom's asthetic, which leaned toward purples and batiks.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from any readers! Due to the sensitive nature of the blog the comments are moderated.